Old February 18th 07, 12:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] hot-ham-and-cheese@hotmail.com is offline

Default Residence vs. Mailing Address

On Feb 17, 2:10 pm, "
wrote:
On Feb 17, 7:24?am, wrote:

On Feb 17, 6:52 am, "KH6HZ" wrote:

wrote:
I suggest you go to your local Post Office and ask them about renting
a PO Box then using it for other people.

Perfectly 100% legal within postal regulations.

Sure it is.

What do the Postal Regulations say about it?

Since you're the "expert" Brain, why don't you tell us?

Free clue: Be sure to refer to the pre-9/11 / Patriot Act postal
regulations.

My PO Boxes were all pre-9/11 Patriot Act. ?Thanks for the distractor.

Darn! I don't have a Post Office Box! I guess I can't be
an amateur... :-(

You're welcome to act amateurishly like most in RRAP.

The government can be defrauded as well as anyone, and there was no
misunderstanding. ?It was poor amateur practice.

Says you. But then, you don't count.

Someone counted. ?Someone counted up your call signs and mailed you a
letter.

Tsk, even thewww.ah0a.orgsite COUNTED. Poor Mikey D.
was way down on the list...but still there.

He's an underachiever.

It's because the individual incessantly tells others how to live their
ham-lives, then defrauds his friend and the FCC.

Neither the FCC nor my friend were defrauded, despite your repeated
foot-stomping and tantrums to the contrary.

I don't think he's your friend anymore, or at least he's not defending
you. ?But now you have Jim.

The FCC? ?Riley takes care of that business like he took care of you.

Riley Hollingsworth, Special Counsel to the FCC, has about
700,000 (give or take) licensees to "count" and "take care
of." I doubt he would even blink twice at Mikey D's dozen.
But he DID notice once and that got on the "notices."

Now if all this was so "legal" as Mikey D sez, why would it
get into the "notices?" If it was so "legal" then it should
never have been there.

If it was legal, why did Mike let all those callsigns go without so
much as a whimper?

No sweat, the Guru and Reknowned Historian is all for
code-tested amateur extras...they can do no real wrong
in his eyes. All "very legal." barf-

RHIP, but only for Extras.