Old February 18th 07, 05:16 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.shortwave
Richard Knoppow Richard Knoppow is offline

Default Hammarlund PRO-310 ??

"COLIN LAMB" wrote in message
ink.net...
"Well, lots of receivers are single conversion on the
broadcast band and do not have image problems."

Well, that is true, but what I left out was that the if is
50 kHz. It is the only radio to my knowledge that runs 50
kHz ifs with single conversion.

The bandspread tuning is quite unique. There was supposed
to be a run of 1,000 - but I bet less than 100 are still
around. Maybe the other 900 are still in a warehouse and
will show up on the surplus market one of these days - ha.

I have one.

Colin K7FM

50Khz, I will have to look at the schematics. I knew
there was a low frequency IF involved in order to get sharp
selectivity using conventional components. 50khz _would_ be
likely to have problems with images.

--
---
Richard Knoppow