Old February 18th 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Whatever Whatever is offline

Default Radioshack radio question

wrote:

On Feb 17, 5:55�pm, Twitchell wrote:

I was in RShack today and noticed they had a large AM/FM/WX radio for $49.95...
High-Performance PLL Tuning AM/FM/WX Radio �120-0150

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/48476f63a9.jpg

I read the reviews and they seemed to be mixed. �Anyone here tried it and have
any opinions.

Thanks.

Twichell

BTW, I have a GE SuperRadio II....but I like the idea of presets.

Don't buy this cheap plastic-boxed Grundig S350 look-alike. Read the
reviews on eham.net - the guy's wide/narrow switch failed the first
day, and his radio was unusable. My $10 Sony ICF-S10MK2 gets the same
stations as my now-returned S350 - all of these, CCRadio, S350, and
Superadio radios are all hype.

Are you on a vendetta with this subject? Most owners of these radios
don't have any problems with them.