Old February 18th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] hot-ham-and-cheese@hotmail.com is offline

Default Residence vs. Mailing Address

On Feb 18, 11:33 am, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
On Feb 17, 9:11 pm, "KH6HZ" wrote:
wrote:
Then you know
Yes, I do. A PO Box can be for an individual, a business, or a household. In
the case of the latter do, multiple individuals may receive mail there.

Then you're either Jeffrey Hermann, Jeffrey Hermann's relation, or
Jeffrey Hermann's employee.

For the entire time I lived overseas, my U.S. mailing address, as far as
the FCC was concerned was that of WA8JOC in Cincinnati. I did not
physically reside there. I was not an employee of WA8JOC. I am not
related to WA8JOC. Despite these things, my providing the FCC that
address did not constitute fraud and it broke no laws. It didn't
attempt to circumvent any laws.

WA8JOC's address is still the FCC address of record for a number of
Finnish radio amateurs who took and passed U.S. licensing exams.
My own address is the FCC address of record for one Finnish radio
amateur who took such an exam. The FCC says that applicants must have a
U.S. address, not that the applicant must reside at that address.
The applicant must either a U.S. Social Security number *or* a Taxpayer
Identification Number. Those Finnish hams were able to obtain a TIN
without ever having had a SSN. This was done after the FCC was
contacted directly about the situation and asked what should be done.

For all other mailing purposes in the U.S., my parents addresses in
Kentucky and in Georgia were used as my address of record in the United
States. I had not resided with them for decades. I broke no laws nor
did I commit fraud.

In 1993, I provided the Department of State a legal residence address
which is the same as the address I now have. No mail was being sent
here and there was not even a rural mailbox standing at this location.
I didn't live here until 2000.

You may now chew on these statements and attempt to reconcile them.

Dave K8MN

Were you, WA8JOC, any number of Finnish radio amateurs, or your
parents using Jeffrey Hermann's PO Box on Hawaii?

You must have missed the part where this is about the use of Jeffrey
Hermann's PO Box on Hawaii.