Old February 19th 07, 03:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] hot-ham-and-cheese@hotmail.com is offline

Default KH6HZ's stable of callsigns

On Feb 18, 10:01 pm, wrote:
Calls of Michael P. Deignan:

1) KD1HZ, 2) KD6HZ, 3) KH6HZ (Sequential??? Highly UNLIKLEY)

4) WH6DDR, 5) WH6DDQ, 6) WH6DDP, 7) WH6DDM, 8) WH6DDN, 9) WH6DDO,
10) WH6DCX, 11) WH6DCY, 12) KB1CCE, 13) WE1RD MICHAEL P DEIGNAN
REPEATER ASSOCIATION

An Oldie but a Goodie... Starts off with Robesin defending DX
Callsign Collecting...

45. NoDXius Icanworkius Rex View profile
In article ,
(Steve Robeson) wrote: And I will bet that it works
the same way my CONUS mail got forwarded to me once a week while I
was on Okinawa...some clerk stuck my mail in a forwarding envelope
once a week and presto...it arrived in Okinawa, Japan.

I'll take a piece of that action! Actually what happened was that
Michael wanted a snazzy KH6 call for himself, plus some more KH6 calls
for eight make-believe Hawaiian clubs, but he lived in RI. Bummer!
But he had a plan! He prevailed on his KH6-resident friend Jeffrey
Herman, KH2PZ (yes, I know KH2PZ is a Guam callsign, but that's a
whole-nother kettle of call-sign scam) to borrow his mailing address
at Box 8282. In Oct 97 Michael has a brand new KH6HZ call sign
replacing his non-descript KD1HZ. In December he changes his address
back to RI and all is cool. Unfortunately for Jeffrey, Michael has
left all his phoney club calls at Box 8282 so Jeffrey is probably
under suspicion when Riley investigates all of Mikes hoarded club
callsigns. Meanwhile, Jeffrey self-righteously bemoans the fact that
mainlanders scarf up all the cool Hawaii calls, but he captures not
one, but TWO rare 2x1 Hawaii calls as he abandons his undeserved KH2
call. Truth is stranger........... Now how much was that bet again? --
DXing from the edge of the Trench Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
More options Sep 30 1999, 2:00 am

Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.policy