Old February 19th 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RedPenguin RedPenguin is offline

Default Starting into Shortwave, wanting to make sure I get a good receiver.

I live in Pennsylvania, USA.

I just recently learned about shortwave. I believe it would be
something very good to get into.

I am not 100% sure on what to get in a receiver.

I want a portable kind so I can travel with it.

I found this online:

Kaito 1102 AM/FM Shortwave Radio

Is that a good radio to start out with or is it sucky?

I want to be able to pretty much hear everything and anything but I
don't wanna pay $1,000+. Is there a really nice portable that has a
fairly reasonable price tag? I seen some for like $350 but I don't
wanna spend that much until I know for a fact I am getting a great
radio.