Old February 19th 07, 11:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default HD AM in NJ/NY ?

David Eduardo wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 19, 12:58?am, "David Eduardo" wrote:

According to Radio Locator there are many AMs, just in the Ontario
Providence alone, in reach of Maryland:

And that number is about or less than half the AMs in Canada a decade ago.
Canada has stated as official policy that AMs should only be left in large
markets where improtant niche markets can be served by AM that the FM band
can not accomodate. Examples are standards in Toronto or Chinese services in
Vancouver. Otherwise, the remaining AMs will nearly all move to FM over the
next few years.

In addition to these lists, which I have access to many, I'll be dead,
before these US and Canadian AMs go dead, if ever.

I'll send some flowers. Canada has reduced the total number of AMs by more
than half in the last decade, and exce´pt for a few major markets and a
couple of stations like CBW and CBK, no other AMs should be left in Canada.

South Africa eliminated all AM years ago... and many other nations have
fewer AMs today than 25 years ago.... even lesser developed nations like
Ecuador.

Besides, AM talk/news/sports on the "clears" is alive-and-well,

No, it is not. It is in revenue and ratings decline, albeit slow. None of
those 50 kw stations billed more last year than in 2005... most were down
significantly, per the industry source, BIA, and the millar KAplan market
reporting system.

and
command higher ad dollars, than FM radio.

Wrong. You do not get it, even when it is explained. Stations price by
delivery. 1000 listeners gets the same rate, whether on AM or FM. So a news
talk station with the same listenership in a sales demo as a music FM gets
the same rate per spot. The problem is that most of the AM news / talk
audience is NOT in sales demos, so news talk stations price below most big
FMs in major markets.

Of course, your main focus,
as an IBOC shill, is to be a naysayer of the broadcast bands, so HD
Radio/IBOC can be the great savior. AM radio is not going
anywhere.

With or without HD, the band is near death. HD may be a last chance. I even
doubt that, but not to try is foolish. Staying the same is lunacy.

Your sole purrpose in life, seems to be trying to make others
miserable - Univision must have you locked in an office, because no
one can stand to work with you, so no wonder, you just shill for IBOC
all day and night long.

I actually travel 40 to 45 weeks a year to the 17 markets we are in, talking
to listeners about what they like and don't like on the radio.

You really are a poor excuse of a man, and
also a high-school dropout.

I dropped out of High School because I was too busy building my first radio
station, HCRM1. That station became survey-proven and revenue proven #1 in
Quito, and was the base for a dozen or so more stations I built and owned.

School was pretty boring by comparison. Leaving high school (in the US) was
the best thing I could do... when I went back to do college about a decade
later, I chose the courses I wanted since a degree was not of any interest
to me... and that was truly fun and beneficial.

Your suggestion is, apparently, that dullards drop out of school. I dropped
out because it was boring, totally boring. Others drop out because they need
to work for family reasons. Still others drop out because the US system
sucks: we don't have the British one where at a certain point one decides on
a white collar path or a technical field.

So to indict dropouts is to ignore the fact that many have no choice, and
others know that a trade is more suited to them than a college career, while
others don't need the experience as they are autodidacts.

And some are pathologial liars such as yourself!

dxAce
Michigan
USA