Old February 20th 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default David Eduardo - A Recent Conversation

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Feb 19, 9:10 am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"Steve" wrote in message

oups.com...

We've seen him confused now about his own job title,

A typo is not confusing to me. Apparently it is to you

Lies apparently aren't confusing to you, either.

Again, a mistake by an industry association in a convention program is
hardly an issue

his ethnicity

Ethnically, I am Irish and Celt. There is no confusion there.

Not on my part, but then I don't go around calling myself Eduardo.

As mentioned, it was my baptismal name... given to me by my godparents on
that occasion.

Wait! Didn't you say in the past that it was given to you by your Mother
at your
baptism?

Correct. My mother selected the name, and the godparents "gave it" at the
ceremony... as in "they gave the response" That's the way it is done. The
priest asks the godparents, "and what name have you selected..." and the
godparents respond. The person who decided on the name can be the parents,
or the whole family, I suppose. In my case, it was my mother... who used a
name she liked from when she lived in Europe whjich was, as required, also
the name of a saint.

At any rate, here is a quote from August 20, 2006 in
alt.politics.immigration:

"Funny, because I was baptized in 1947 and "Eduardo" is a name my mother
liked from the time she lived in Europe."

I guess your godparents liked it too. Myself, I would have baptized you
'Stupido'.

You don't understand the baptism ceremony, obviously. When my daughters were
baptized, a saint's name was added to the first given name... such as
Jennifer Anne Altieri Gleason, and so on. In this case, the parents decided,
and the grandparents answered the responsorial question as was the custom.

The fact that the godparents give a response does not mean they made the
decision, although they could have been given the honor if the family had
wanted.

You make an issue out of the simplest things.

Yes, because in your case it's merely fabrication!

Keep spinning, boy.

dxAce
Michigan
USA