Old February 21st 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,comp.sys.ibm.pc.soundcard.tech
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Good sound card & software ?

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 10:01:08 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

So you think that the FFT analysis tool in CEP doesn't do windowing?????

With about as much panache as a Yugo in the Indy 500. Hardly a reason
to throw $350 into the wind.

So you think that Spectra doesn't provide options for windowing and/or that
I have no idea what effect they have on actual results????

The designer of Spectra is a local Ham - I know his capabilities, I
don't know yours. All I have to go on is the pedestrian choice of
Blackman windowing that demonstrates nothing in the way of "ideas on
the effect on actual results." As I offered, it is an ordinarily
suitable choice if you have no demanding requirements.

Hi Hank,

There are a world of free analyzers, one quick search found 16:
http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=fft&s...o.x=11&Go.y=10

Get your feet wet before throwing the green at bloatware designs that
invest their resources in advertising. If you find nothing in this
first list, I can certainly 26 find more.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC