Old February 21st 07, 04:02 AM posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,comp.sys.ibm.pc.soundcard.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Good sound card & software ?

"Richard Clark" wrote in message

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 10:01:08 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

So you think that the FFT analysis tool in CEP doesn't
do windowing?????

With about as much panache as a Yugo in the Indy 500.
Hardly a reason to throw $350 into the wind.

So you think that Spectra doesn't provide options for
windowing and/or that I have no idea what effect they
have on actual results????

The designer of Spectra is a local Ham - I know his
capabilities, I don't know yours. All I have to go on is
the pedestrian choice of Blackman windowing that
demonstrates nothing in the way of "ideas on the effect
on actual results." As I offered, it is an ordinarily
suitable choice if you have no demanding requirements.

I got it now, I'm dealing with a FFT snob, not someone who just sees them as
a tool to get a job done.