Old February 21st 07, 04:05 AM posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,comp.sys.ibm.pc.soundcard.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Good sound card & software ?

"Jenn" wrote in
message

In article ,
(paul packer) wrote:

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 09:58:34 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"paul packer" wrote in message

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 05:27:17 GMT, Jenn
wrote:

(Since this is RAO, I should point out that my hearing
of the things mentioned in my second paragraph above
is based on differences heard based on changes made
to the instruments when it wasn't possible to know
about the changes.)

Eh?

Jenn apparently thinks that the changes in SQ that come
from modifying the working parts of musical instruments
are fully comparable to say, adding one more strand of
wire to a speaker cable composed of finely stranded
wilre.

I don't know what Jenn said, but I do know that you
don't know either.

Crap, another post from the same morning before
breakfast! blush

What I meant is that the differences that I heard after
changes in the instruments were heard without me knowing
that changes had been made. Thus, there was no "listener
bias", a favorite topic around here at various times.

OK, since I'm dealing with a member of a lesser species, I'll spell it out:

As a rule, changes in the mechanics of musical instruments have relatively
gross effects, compared to the sort of things that many high end audiophiles
fret about.

Whatever Arny is blathering about, I have no idea.

Yup, much of what I write is over the heads of members lesser species.