Old February 21st 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default No Code VEC

On Feb 20, 6:03�pm, John Smith I wrote:
Dee Flint wrote:

* ...

Individuals are VEs not VECs. *Organizations like W5YI, ARRL, and others are
VECs.

Dee, N8UZE

Dee:

As always, you are exactly technically correct.

...to PAST definitions...which are NOT quite definitions in the
official sense but rather "CW" (Conventional Wisdom).

In the FUTURE (which happens right after everyone reads
this) there may very well be whole VECs which do NOT
(gasp!) have morsemen requirements!

Ahem...FCC 06-178 is the revolutionary decision which
is bound to upset many applecarts, rending of garments,
applications of soot, gnashing of teeth, etc. Woe! (sort of
rhymes with "sow") Skies falling, etc.

The FCC *created* both VECs and COLEMs...just as they
UN-created code testing for amateur radio licenses in the
very, very near future...like Friday. :-)

A "No Code VEC" in the future? Why not?

To those who say "NAY! NEVER!" I award the venerable
"cat-ass-trophy."

LA

If the nice ladies in my Catholic Altar Society, the ones who do all the
nice bake sales, wine tasting organizing, flowers, etc.--they would make
a good example of what would constitute a good VEC, for just "another
example."

JS