Old February 22nd 07, 04:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
John Smith I John Smith I is offline

Default No Code VEC

Stefan Wolfe wrote:

[a LOT of stuff I clipped]

Yes. Yes I am loyal to amateur radio.

However, I am not loyal to antique radio gear, nor antiquated methods,
beliefs and practices. I am NOT loyal to personalities, but DAMN LOYAL
to principals, advancement and progress.

My interests in electronics and things relating to electronics have also
held my interests and "loyalties." However, electronics have evolved.
Most of the electronic "gear" I now work with is never meant to be
built, maintained nor repaired by human hands. It is meant to grow
obsolete in a matter of years and be replaced. When amateur radio
becomes current, its' gear will be of a likewise state.

Things change. Amateur radio does not exist in a vacuum, it must adapt
also. It has been held hostage by a relative few who have stalled its'
advancement. However, it always has been subject to the same rules
which govern all: Adapt and evolve or become extinct.

Now, at this brink of extinction, it is time for change ... and no one
likes change but a wet baby--and even they often cry when the change is
implemented ...

All of us will die, let amateur radio live on and eventually reach a
state where none alive today would ever recognize it, but most of all,
let it become relevant and important and of valid use to those of the
future who we will never meet. Let us leave them something they can
thank us for.

JS