Old February 22nd 07, 08:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
John John is offline

Default EZNEC Question

"AndyS" wrote in message
ups.com...
Andy writes:

I've been using Lewallen's EZNEC for about 10 years on my
laptop whose operating system is Windows 98SE with no
problems..

I just got a new computer with Windows XP Home Edition.
EZNEC installs fine, and several of the features work, but when
I try to do a Frequency Sweep , the program tells me I need about
2G of memory and that I only have about 1G available.....

My new system has 512 of ram, so I know the problem must
be in how it is partitioned ( extended vs conventional )...

So, can anyone tell me how this can be fixed without taking the
chance of buggering up the XP system that will mess up any
other programs ?

Thanks for your advice.

Andy W4OAH

There is no extended memory in Windows XP. It's a flat
address space. Try running your application in Windows 98
compatability mode. Right click on the .exe file and left
click on properties. Select the compatability tab and
enable compatability mode. Select windows 98 from
the pull down.
Then go to "Help and Support" and do a search on pif
Select the "Create or change a pif" result and read up on
how to assign extended or expanded memory to your
program.