Old February 22nd 07, 06:26 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Jesse Jesse is offline

Default Loss of radio signals on scanner in certain areas and McDonalds.

"RedPenguin" wrote in
oups.com:

On Feb 21, 7:03 pm, Jesse wrote:
"RedPenguin" wrote
groups.com:

I am just curious, because I understand but don't 100% understand
why. I know that some things can block radio signals but does anyone
know why this is.

If I take a local transit bus in my area, whether it is a big or a
small bus, on a walkman or scanner, their is usually little to no AM
at all. Some FM stations go haywire. Shortwave, on the bus dead. When
I go into my college, shortwave dead.

When I am in my house, I can easily get AM stations and shortwave,
why do some buildings just kill the signals?

Also, does anyone know, did McDonalds go encrypted or something with
their drive-thru? I have a Uniden BR330T scanner that includes drive-
thru ranges, and in my area of my college, there is 3 restraunts with
drive-thrus. One KFC, One McDonalds, and one Wendys, all right next
to each other. Now I have always been able to get KFC and Wendys with
usually only a search. No matter what I do, I can never seem to get
McDonalds on my scanner even trying known frequencies. I know for a
fact they use wireless headphones because when I went in to give an
order, I saw a pair behind the counter. Why is McDonalds the only
place I can never get on my scanner?

Wow what a huge loss, no mcdonalds mm mmmm, scanning is hardly even
worth the bother without knowing about all of those double
cheeseburgers being sold.

LoL, I know it's not a huge deal, it's just that, I was bored one day
and was annoyed they were the only thing I couldn't get. I don't want
to listen to them every day and record them, just something when I am
bored.

Well have at it don't let me stop ya - With analog cell phones dying like
bloated former playboy models and police going digital all over the place,
you gotta take what you can get.
Probably a matter of time before old Ronald goes encrypted or moves to
SATCOM, so enjoy it while it lasts.