Old February 22nd 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
tack tack is offline

Default Panasonic "World boy" custom model# RF-850HB ac/dc radio. AM/FM/SW

On Feb 22, 2:13 pm, "tack" wrote:
On Feb 22, 10:51 am, wrote:

I have at least one or two old National Panasonic Radios which date back
to that era.I don't think I have one that is a World Boy
though.Yep,National Panasonic are good radios.When I was in the
Army,usually you would find me toting a little radio around in my shirt
pocket.
cuhulin

I'll have to go look again; maybe it is a real leather case. The
strap has a little pouch that still contains the earphone. It needs
an AC cord, though. I ordered one that fits a Transoceanic D7000,
American version. The dimensions appear to be right.
My wife was even impressed with the sound. She has it in the kitchen
now. Took it away from me. The power switch is a rocker type and is
smooth, along with the smooth slider volume control. The tone control
is interesting; it is a slider, but it must be tapped. At the far
left it's marked "news" and seems to accentuate the center audio
freqs; as the control is moved right, near the center it is marked
"soft" and the tone does soften. As the control is moved farther
right towards the area marked "music" the highs are brought out, and
are brought out very well. The dial lamp is out. I'll need to look
at that.

Yeah, I guess it really is leather. it's just stiff like cardboard.
No cracks yet, maybe I out to treat it. Strap is clearly plastic
though.