Old February 23rd 07, 02:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default No Code VEC

From: on 22 Feb 2007 16:38:35 -0800

On Feb 21, 11:56?pm, John Smith I wrote:
Stefan Wolfe wrote:

Ever hear of a fish called the coelecanth?

I've seen a Fish Called Wanda...enjoyable comedy.

Are coelecanths good with garlic butter?

The oldest fossil coelecanths date back 410 million years. Coelecanths
were though to have gone extinct
more than 65 million years ago - until living
specimens were found...

How can a fish "were though to have gone extinct?"

Are you thinking? Have you any thoughts on it?

How did they survive so long without changing?

They were morse code qualified?

They were members of the ACLU [Ancient Coelecanth
Longevity Union, Oldington, CT] ?

There are lots of other examples. Evolution is
more complex than "Adapt and evolve or become extinct."

They became code-tested amateur extras and reached
immortality?

Now, at this brink of extinction, it is time for change ... and no one
likes change but a wet baby--and even they often cry when the change is
implemented ...

What brink of extinction?

There are over 650,000 hams in the USA alone.

Other than yourself, how many are coelecanths?

Are any of them coelecans?

And I, for one, do like change - if it's change
for the better.

Tsk, ancient coelecanth, you've stated over and over that
elimination of the US amateur radio code test is a BAD
THING. Bad, bad...go sit in corner.

The CHANGE was obviously not a good one to you.

Did they find you in Woods Hole?

Do you know what time it is on your Fossil watch?

LA?