Old February 22nd 07, 09:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
tack tack is offline

Default Panasonic "World boy" custom model# RF-850HB ac/dc radio. AM/FM/SW

On Feb 22, 2:43 pm, wrote:
www.ccrane.com doesn't know S..t about radios.I have owned two of
those no d..n good pieces of plastic Crap before.I sent them back to
Fortuna,California.Never,But Never buy anything fron ccrane dot Crap.
cuhulin

Crane is heavily marketed in some venues. like late night talk radio.
Crane's stuff is made cheap overseas. I did buy one though, Many
years ago. The Sangean CCRadio. It's AM/FM/WX. It is pretty
sensitive and brings in the weather very well. That was the main
reason I bought it. I live in tornado country. Its main claim to
fame is its DX capabilities in those bands. Only 5 presets though.
Digital with alarm. I put in my order as soon as I heard about it,
and I got a very low serial number. But it was recalled for a defect;
I sent it back and it returned repaired. As far as it goes, it's OK,
but the sound quality is what you'd expect from a cheap plastic
portable made nowadays.
What is the problem with making good-sounding radios? Is it that they
don't want to use quality speakers, or push-pull audio circuits with
quality components? With current technology, good tone control ought
to be nothing.