Old February 23rd 07, 04:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default No Code VEC

"John Smith I" wrote in message
Dee Flint wrote:

And your specific proposals are? Just saying that one needs to avoid the
old and come up with something new is useless. Concrete ideas and
specific plans are needed.

Dee, N8UZE

Dee:

Concrete and specific?

OK. Let us persuade manufactures to create more transceivers which plug
into our computer buses (pci/usb/etc.) Let the standard amateur amp be a
1mhz-12ghz laboratory amp.

Most of the new transceivvers do plug into our computers so that one is
already done.
How are you going to convince manufacturers to produce these amps. Goods
live and die by supply and demand. Such an amp will be expensive no matter
where or by whom it is produced.

Let us see these mass produced in china and the cost drop by magnitudes.

Again goods live and die by supply and demand. There demand isn't high
enough for this to happen.

Let us see high school electronic classes assisting students get ham
tickets.

This is a goal that needs more detailed thought. Who is going to lead the
effort to convince the states and local school boards to add this to
electronics classes?
Who is going to lead the effort to have high schools even have electronics
classes. None of the schools my children attended even had a classe.
Who is going to lead the effort to make such a class a requirement for all
high school students? Afterall you do want to reach everyone.

You can't just throw the idea out there and expect some one else to pick up
the ball and run with it.

Let us put the focus of amateur radio where it rightly belongs, equipment
and licenses in the hands of those who are making the future while living
towards the future.

These days it's difficult to find people really interested in pursuing
technology of any kinds. Most people fall into the user category and simply
expect technology to be available for whatever it is they want to do. They
are not interested in creating the technology. We are becoming a society of
consumers not creators.

Dee, N8UZE