Old February 23rd 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Tim Shoppa Tim Shoppa is offline

Default 813's as Modulators

On Feb 23, 12:30 pm, Tim Wescott wrote:
I guess I'm more interested in knowing what the supply and grid voltages
are, transformer ratios, a bill of materials, that sort of thing.

I too am interested in the transformers that he's using. Tubes are
easy to come by in comparison to appropriate modulation transformers.

And it can't be the super-simplest implementation because I see some
pictures with little power transformers with diodes and electrolytics
forming some kind of bias supply.

Then you have to work hard to not burn up your favorite modulation and
plate transformers :-). Plate chokes, I can rewind them when they
catch on fire now!

Tim.