Old February 23rd 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
K3HVG K3HVG is offline

Default Now that CW is gone there will be more ham to non-ham conflicts.

I have to agree.... I am surprised at the wholly naive (and incredibly
basic) questions I get from not a few newly licensed Extras. Of course,
I give the best info I can and try to help. But, I am still surprised
and maybe a bit disappointed.... Hopefully, and with time, they'll
assimilate the requisite knowledge. Dunno... maybe I'm expecting too much?

de K3HVG

These Q&A manuals don't do dick for "teaching". All they do is give the
possible answers, the right answer and a hair off a nats ass of an
explanation as to WHY it is the answer.

I welcome new hams - but they really SHOULD learn the ropes to get maximum
benefit out of their hobby.
Only THEN can they enjoy many of the things ham radio affords the hobby.

Just my 2 cents.

Lou