Old February 24th 07, 02:26 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
RedPenguin RedPenguin is offline

Default Squelch controls

I know this probably will sound like a newbie question but I have
actually been using scanners for a long time. I currently own a Uniden
BR330T.

I do not 100% understand Squelch. I know it's pretty much a noise
control, but I don't really get when you set it to a lower number and
when you set it to a higher number. By default my scanner program sets
my BR330T to 4. I noticed if you have no squelch, every station
basically becomes static but no squelch on an older scanner, doesn't
make it do anything.