Old February 25th 07, 03:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
K4YZ K4YZ is offline

Default One Week And Counting...WWLD? (What WIll Lennie DO?)

On Feb 16, 8:20�am, "K4YZ" wrote:
* * *It's down to the wire...Just one week from today the new HF
linceses, sans requirement for ANY Morse Code proficiency, will take
effect. *I'll be looking on QRZ.COM to see if Lennie keeps a near-
decade long threat to get his "Extra lite out of the box". *Certainly
the box is crumbled and moldy by now, but hey, you never know....

* * *I'll also be listening at 28.495mHz to see if I can hear KB9RQZ
exercising his new privileges on or about 1400Z 24 February 2007...
(Gotta work the night before...) *If you'd prefer, Morkie, I can
listen on 40 meter CW...You can show us just how well that alleged CW-
reading computer program of yours works. *Say...7.077, +/-
QRM...?!?!? *Same time?

* * I say both will be no-shows.

Well....It's 1505Z on the 25th...So far nothing, but to be very
fair, the band sounds dead. We've got 30Kt winds and the ambient
static sucks.

I'll keep trying for a while...There's always hope.

Steve, K4YZ