Old February 25th 07, 09:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Denis Sharon Denis Sharon is offline

Default Hardware Question

Hello,

Can anyone tell me just what means was used to tighten and loosen the
serrated/ribbed/knurled thin nuts used on panel-mount toggle switches?

I've been a gearhead since birth and have tinkered with radios almost as
long but have never encountered a tool to properly operate these decorative
nuts without potential damage. In one type of application, a hex nut is used
behind the panel with a decorative serrated nut on the front side. In this
case, it is a simple matter to merely tighten the behind-the-panel hex nut.
In other applications however - such as my TMC GPR-92 - the is no hex nut
and the switch is secured by only the serrated nut thereby requiring a means
to tighten it properly.

Replies directly to denis [dot] sharon [at] att.net would be appreciated.
Thanks

Regards,

Denis Sharon W1AOK
Ridgefield, CT