Old February 26th 07, 04:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] assemblywizard@gmail.com is offline

Default It all comes down to this ...

On Feb 25, 8:05 pm, "Stefan Wolfe" wrote:

The thread you started was an unprovoked, ad nominem attack on several good
people, not all of whom I have always agreed with but all of whom demand a
lot more respect than your and your buddies do, based on your (mis)
behaviour on this NG.

It is my understanding that "public figures" (and, public newsgroup
moderators) are not granted the same expectation of privacy as common
everyday joes. Indeed, the position they seek to place themselves in,
where they can affect common/everyday joes, demands they have no such
consideration.

Public figures are meant to be watched, criticized, and their motives
examined in microscopic detail. Their character, caliber, actions,
speech, etc. is wide open to review and re-review. They are open to
dress and redress by the public who they wish to serve. Such is
democratic republic. Such responsibility they willing accept when
they attempt to gain a position of influence ...

If they wish to be unknown hermits, that demands another course be
followed ...

JS