Old February 26th 07, 12:22 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Mindraker Mindraker is offline

Default CBers

"RedPenguin" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 25, 7:14 pm, Anthony Jones
wrote:
So does CB really still exist around the country?

--
Anthony Jones

Well, I am a little new to CB, but I live in Johnstown, PA, and I
noticed that when my scanner scans the CB range, it never picks
anything up. Although when I was in Ebensburg, PA, a more rural area,
I was picking up a lot of truckers. I don't really hear much private
use of CBs anymore. I haven't tried New York, NY or Atlantic City, NJ
but as far as I can tell, it's dying a tad. I think it's due to Family
Radio Service, Cell Phones, Walkie-Talkies, Handie-Talkies, General
Mobile Radio Service, and more.

I'm new, too. I just got mine set up. So far, I detect only one side of a
business communication and some losers making goofball comments and the
occasional put down of prominent political figures. It's odd that I don't
pick up more because around the corner is a speed trap for the tourists in
the area and I'm surprised that people don't communicate warnings back and
forth.
Mindraker, Western North Carolina