Old February 27th 07, 02:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default Boycott ARRL/QST advertisers

On Feb 26, 11:30�am, wrote:
Carl R. Stevenson wrote:
I think that your proposal is mis-guided and based on misinformation.

As I understand it, the purpose of the event was to welcome newcomers to HF,
not to "celebrate the end of Morse code."

Clearly, welcoming newcomers to our ranks is something that we need to do if
we want ham radio to survive into the future. *If newcomers are shunned, the
future of ham radio will be dismal.

73,
Carl - wk3c

My gawd Carl, you are sounding like a professional politician more and
more each and every day! *Except for the words, the format of your
text might be stolen from the arrl itself!

Get real. *The "new comers" need to clean house--ignore and remove the
kooks, self-serving, protectionist, good-ole-boys, brain dead, etc.
and make a new start!

Now, now, JS, let's not get the adrenaline pumping.

Carl *is* right this time, politico's words or not.

The problem still exists of GETTING "outsiders" who don't
read newsgroups or QST or even Popular Communications.
If they don't know that member organizations exist, they
can't be expected to show up and "be informed."

If the member organization tries to brainwash the newcomers
into 1950s style hamming, then THAT is wrong. Times have
changed and so has amateur radio activity...except for the
stodgy olde-tymers who insist the world of radio comms is
still SEE-DUBBLE-YOU.

73, LA