Old February 27th 07, 06:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Roger Roger is offline

Default killing cars with RF?

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 16:29:36 GMT, "Kenneth P. Stox"

I still see them occasionally, often on the top of big
old Suburbans for some reason. Not exactly a practical
thing--I imagine they're constantly raking trees and
overhangs and such. But I often get a grin when I see
the things. :-)

I ran into one of those guys last summer, not just one but two antenna's
as described. I chatted with him a bit and found out he was running a
10KW CB rig. I was incredulous until he popped open the hood to show me
the 5 alternators running off the engine to power it. The engine was
also modified to kick up the idle when the rig was one so it wouldn't
stall when keyed up.

If the tires don't skid when you key the mike you're running QRP!
:-))

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that the FCC has completely
given up enforcement on the CB bands.

They do nail a few of them that manage to creep up into 10 meters now
and then.
(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com