Old February 27th 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
RedPenguin RedPenguin is offline

Default Scanners missing messages and not getting the full message.

Is that normal for scanners to sometimes just miss messages even
though a scanner next to it is getting the message and the one is just
sitting there doing nothing? My mother has a 10-13 year old radio
scanner desktop that sometimes seems to get messages in our house
before my scanner gets it or my scanner will repeat it (Uniden
BR330T). I noticed when I listen to my local bus, it seems my Uniden
will sometimes miss a part of all of a message but my other scanner
doesn't seem to miss as much with it. I know it misses because when I
sit on a bus, the driver's radio hears everything but while a message
is playing on the driver's radio, my scanner is picking up nothing or
waits a while to hear anything. Can the bus be blocking my scanner and
the bus antenna be outside? I noticed AM radio and shortwave is almost
dead on the bus, why? You can hear scanners in cars I believe, so why
not buses?

Does the more channels worsen the scanner?