Old February 27th 07, 03:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] nsarejectnsareject@yahoo.com is offline

Default Radio Shack's Extreme Long Range AM/FM/WX Radio

On Feb 27, 3:57�am, "Sky Captain" wrote:
Has anyone tried this new product? *I saw it tonight selling for
$49.95 at a local RS store here in Virginia . *About the same size as
the GE SR series, the Extreme Long Range radio features digital LED
frequency display and direct entry. *Build quality appears to be
excellent. *BTW, my Sony 7600 GR *blows away my SR III as an AM BCB dx
receiver.

Just like the Grundig S350, CCradio, and SR III this radio is all hype
- it is an S350 look-alike and has the same cheap crap plastic casing
and smelly imitation-leather handle. There was a review on eham.net,
where a guy's RS 12-150 WX radio failed the first day, because his
wide/narrow switch shorted out. All of these super-duper DX machines
perform the same as most decent AM/FM radios.