Old February 28th 07, 05:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Owen Duffy Owen Duffy is offline

Default tuner - feedline - antenna question ?

Richard Clark wrote in
:

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 21:37:15 GMT, Owen Duffy wrote:

The fact that an instrument may consume power from the circuit does not
imply that it measures power.

Hi Owen,

If that power is from a reflection, then we've come to the logical
conclusion of the argument.

Richard,

If you read and understood the article, you would see that the instrument
is based on sampling the V/I ratio at a point, and that being surrounded by
transmission line is not important to the principle of operation, in other
words, it does not directly measure a reflected wave.

Owen