Old February 28th 07, 08:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default tuner - feedline - antenna question ?

Presume a source of 100+j0 Ohms impedance sees a 50 Ohm line that is
5.35 wavelengths long and is terminated with a load of 200+j0 Ohms.
The normal attenuation of the line is 2.00 dB. What is the loss in
the line?

Can your general solution solve this? It uniquely describes both the
kinetics of reverse power flow AND the impact of source resistance.

No one has every answered this one correctly, by the way (and I can
anticipate you are ready to spring that observation on me with your
source feeding essentialy a voltage oriented high Z load as opposed to
the current oriented low Z load).

VSWR 4.75
Loss 3.55dB

73