Old February 28th 07, 08:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Owen Duffy Owen Duffy is offline

Default tuner - feedline - antenna question ?

Richard Clark wrote in
:

You have not yet actually offered any treatment that denies the bone
of contention that lies in two subject lines:
1. Reverse power is manifest;
2. The source will absorb and dissipate it.

Richard, if you go back over my postings in this thread, I have not denied
either of these things.

I did comment on 2 as an explanation, one which I think is poor because of
the conclusions that might be drawn from it, eg any mismatch creates
reflected power which must be dissipated in the PA.

I did suggest that in the steady state, in a tx-line-load scenario, the
impedance looking into the line can be found, and that equivalent load
adequately explains the PA's behaviour.

You may have struggled with others over this in times past, but by
your own descriptions they had little intellectual horsepower, and
less experience in the matter.

I never said such a thing, if it is your conclusion, I disagree with it.

Owen