Old February 28th 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default tuner - feedline - antenna question ?

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 20:38:00 GMT, Owen Duffy wrote:

The danger in the "power is refelected at a mismatch" explanation, is
that it follows that power reflected at a mismatched antenna flows back
toward the transmitter and is at least partially absorbed in the PA as
heat. Though that is a popular belief, it is not supported by fact.

This is the complete quote to which I responded in a recent
side-thread. You have lately expressed:

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 08:55:24 GMT, Owen Duffy wrote:

You have not yet actually offered any treatment that denies the bone
of contention that lies in two subject lines:
1. Reverse power is manifest;
2. The source will absorb and dissipate it.

Richard, if you go back over my postings in this thread, I have not denied
either of these things.

What have I missed about "it is not supported by fact?" What do you
mean by "is a popular belief?" I am swayed by facts and I don't
really like general statements that are couched in belief systems.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC