Old February 28th 07, 08:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Stephan Grossklass Stephan Grossklass is offline

Default Redsun RP2100/Kaito2100

John Plimmer schrieb:

Nice clear reception of WWKB Buffalo N.Y. at 0400 at first light this
morning.
This on its internal ferrite rod only
CNN news programming
Reception was almost as good as on my big rigs.
My GE SRIII couldn't even hear it
This station is 13,000 km's/8,000 miles from this QTH

Not too shabby. Interestingly my experience with the RP2000 has been
that it has higher noise than it should, maybe leakage from the µP
board. Doesn't speak for the SRIII's alignment. BTW, just this weekend I
got to try my first DIY AM loop (37x37", 9 windings in ~1 cm distance,
500pF). Now *that's* what I call a booster. I've had some issues with
man-made noise that tended to disturb weak signals, but I bet in a
low-noise location a portable would grow really BIG ears. Oh, and
overload is also possible. Haven't checked with the '7030, the coupling
loop should be rewound with less fat wire first, but I guess it'll need
this kind of antenna for decent daytime MW performance.

Stephan, currently playing with the recently acquired Panasonic RF-1410L
(up to par with the ICF-7600A as far as MW sensitivity is concerned,
good FM, and nice sound, too, just the bandswitch is flaky and I have no
idea how to get some tuner spray onto the contacts inside the thing,
which looks quite similar to the one found in the RF-1405LBS found on
radiomuseum.org)
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/
After we'd tried a few models, this vacuum cleaner didn't suck -