Old March 1st 07, 01:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Lynn Bisha Lynn Bisha is offline

Default Hammarlund Super-Pro in a factory console cabinet

I am a member of the Antique Wireless Association, and we have a Super Pro
in the floor model cabinet in our museum in Bloomfield NY.
Apparently there were not a lot of these sold. It is a beautiful radio.

Lynn W2BSN

"Richard Knoppow" wrote in message
.. .

"COLIN LAMB" wrote in message
ink.net...
The 1942 Radio Handbook has an ad with one of those in it. I know I have
seen photos of these radios in hamshacks in one or more of the old radio
magazines, so there were some sold.

Colin

I also remember seeing an ad for it, actually I think a product
announcement, in an ancient magazine called _Communications_. I had a
collection of these at one time but I think they were lost in some move.
The Super-Pro has excellent audio quality because of its symmetrical
wide-band IF and good audio amp. A very expensive RX at the time.

--
---
Richard Knoppow