Old March 1st 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Richard Knoppow Richard Knoppow is offline

Default Hammarlund Super-Pro in a factory console cabinet

"Lynn Bisha" wrote in message
I am a member of the Antique Wireless Association, and we
have a Super Pro in the floor model cabinet in our museum
in Bloomfield NY.
Apparently there were not a lot of these sold. It is a
beautiful radio.

Lynn W2BSN

I suspect they were special order. The Super-Pro itself
was the most expensive general coverage radio on the market
during its lifetime. Add to that the cost of a custom
cabinet and good quality loudspeaker and you have something
not many could afford. I would guess the combination at
around $600 to $800 U.S. While one can't get exact
translation of money values from the past somewhere between
10x to 20x is probably about right. Remember that in the
1930's and early 1940's a new car could be bought for around
$500.

--
---
Richard Knoppow