Old March 1st 07, 12:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Stefan Wolfe Stefan Wolfe is offline

Default USMC Waxes Part 15 Devices

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Feb 27, 7:38?pm, wrote:
On Feb 27, 4:40 pm, "K4YZ" wrote:

On Feb 26, 9:04?pm, wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/26/sig....ap/index.html

I guess Robeson REALLY didn't like my Part 15 remarks... ?bb

Other than the fact that the article involved the Marine Corps, I
am wondering what that article had to do with me, Brain?

Steve, K4YZ

You were a Marine?

* "Sorry, Hans, MARS IS ham radio." :-)

This assertion is simply not correct. In order to join MARS and receive a
MARS call sign, one must be approved by a branch of the military service for
that purpose and one must be a present, retired or family member of a
military member. Additionally, there are separate MARS frequencies outside
of the allocations reserved for the amateur service that are excluded from
regular Part 97 use.

How can Len say MARS is "ham" radio?

It is a special military radio service. I think Mr. Anderson may be too
devoured in the treasured memories of his old Austin Healy with the 23
channel CB (before his XYL made him sell both) to think logiocally about
matters concerning real amateur radio (i.e., not 11m).