Old March 1st 07, 03:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Simon Simon is offline

Default .djvu format

Dave wrote:
Been to the Bama site. Where can I get free software so that I can
display the .djvu documents?

For those who want to create djvu files as well as read them, you can
download the free DjVu Solo 3.1 software from
http://www.planetdjvu.com/resources.htm

I think this is an obsolete version of the current DjVu software.
Resulting files are often far smaller than corresponding pdfs,
especially for such items as circuit diagrams.

There are also web sites that offer a free conversion from pdf to djvu
and also provide an index to the text - even for photocopied boatanchor
manuals. One example is
http://any2djvu.djvuzone.org/index.h...ny2DjVu+Server

Simon