Old March 1st 07, 07:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default USMC Waxes Part 15 Devices

From: "Stefan Wolfe" on Wed, Feb 28 2007 7:24 pm

wrote in message
On Feb 27, 7:38?pm, wrote:
On Feb 27, 4:40 pm, "K4YZ" wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/26/sig....ap/index.html

I guess Robeson REALLY didn't like my Part 15 remarks... ?bb

Other than the fact that the article involved the Marine Corps, I
am wondering what that article had to do with me, Brain?

Steve, K4YZ

You were a Marine?

* "Sorry, Hans, MARS IS ham radio." :-)

This assertion is simply not correct.

I agree but Steven James Robeson, K4YZ, wrote it. See the quote
marks up there?

You were not present when Robeson was told of his obvious
error...by several others. I posted the link to the DoD
directive on MARS operations.

In order to join MARS and receive a
MARS call sign, one must be approved by a branch of the military service for
that purpose and one must be a present, retired or family member of a
military member.

You had best look up the various service branch MARS
web pages and correct yourself on the above.

Additionally, there are separate MARS frequencies outside
of the allocations reserved for the amateur service that are excluded from
regular Part 97 use.

Not only am I well aware that MARS frequencies are NOT in
US amateur band allocations but I have so stated before
in here.

How can Len say MARS is "ham" radio?

Here's a clue, Gomer, "Len" did NOT say that. "Len" simply
quoted Robesin's Gomer-Pyleish statement to Hans Brakob.

It is a special military radio service.

MARS is an acronym standing for Military Affiliate Radio Service.
MARS is NOT a tactical or strategic radio service for US military
radio communications...it never was. The predecessor to MARS
was born before WW2 in the US Army, a quaint idea to get US
amateurs involved in hopes that some "new technology" in radio
might be tried out or shown to the US Army. As far as radio
design for the Army is concerned, that did not appear to happen.

I think Mr. Anderson may be too
devoured in the treasured memories of his old Austin Healy with the 23
channel CB (before his XYL made him sell both) to think logiocally about
matters concerning real amateur radio (i.e., not 11m).

The '53 A-H sports car was traded in for a 61 Chevvy Impala
convertible. The CB was transferred to the Impala and used
often for years after that. Oh, and the 11m CB band USED to
be part of the 11m US amateur radio allocation prior to 1958.

Steppinwolfe, was there anything else you wanted to **** up
on "corrections" or are you satisfied with ****ing up your
present posting? On the F-U meter you are only hitting about
an S7 with a great deal of selective fading. Try tuning up
your mind a LOT better next time, OK?

LA