Old March 1st 07, 11:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default tuner - feedline - antenna question ?

I am happy that my answer rounded to 3.3dB is correct.

The source resistance has no influence over the line loss at all.

Well it certainly does not agree with Ansoft Designer, the result it gives
is very close to Richards, and it shows a marked effect when you change the
source resistance.

With a 50 ohm source and 200 ohm load the loss is calculated as is 3.93dB
and VSWR is 3.98:1
Changing to a 100 ohm source the loss is calculated as is 4.78dB and VSWR
is 3.41:1

So a very well respected CAD package agrees with Richard at least!!

73
Jeff