Old March 2nd 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default No Code For Any Class x5 Days And NO LENNIE ANDERSON!

"robert casey" wrote in message
ink.net...
wrote:

On Feb 28, 12:56?pm, John Smith I wrote:

K4YZ wrote:

BEEG GRIN

...just wait a few days... smirk, smirk

How long is it taking the FCC to issue new ham licenses nowadays? Is it
still on the order of a few weeks? Maybe he'll be getting a 2x2 or a
2x3...

Since the FCC now permits the VECs to directly enter the data in the
database, it's simply a matter of how quickly the VEC organization can check
the paperwork. These days it runs about 1/2 week to 1&1/2 weeks. In
anticipation of getting an unusually high number of submittals, the ARRL at
least put on extra staff to handle this. I had the test session the evening
of Feb 23. Reviewed and mailed the paperwork on Feb 25. Both the new
licenses and the upgrades appeared in the FCC database at the end of the day
on Feb 27th. This is actually faster than usual.

Vanity license applications take several weeks though.

Dee, N8UZE