Old March 2nd 07, 01:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Stefan Wolfe Stefan Wolfe is offline

Default USMC Waxes Part 15 Devices

ps.com...
From: "Stefan Wolfe" on Wed, Feb 28 2007 7:24 pm

I agree but Steven James Robeson, K4YZ, wrote it. See the quote
marks up there?

You were not present when Robeson was told of his obvious
error...by several others. I posted the link to the DoD
directive on MARS operations.

In order to join MARS and receive a
MARS call sign, one must be approved by a branch of the military service
for
that purpose and one must be a present, retired or family member of a
military member.

You had best look up the various service branch MARS
web pages and correct yourself on the above.

You are correct but this is a very insignificant point.

Additionally, there are separate MARS frequencies outside
of the allocations reserved for the amateur service that are excluded from
regular Part 97 use.

Not only am I well aware that MARS frequencies are NOT in
US amateur band allocations but I have so stated before
in here.

As if everyone here has read all of your posts over the last 10 years? I see
you like to flatter yourself.

How can Len say MARS is "ham" radio?

Here's a clue, Gomer, "Len" did NOT say that. "Len" simply
quoted Robesin's Gomer-Pyleish statement to Hans Brakob.

You did not attribute the quote by name or even say it was a quote. You
merely inserted quote marks which, when not properly attributed, makes
grammatical nonsense. However, poor grammar is to be overlooked for many
individuals including yourself in this newsgroup.

It is a special military radio service.

MARS is an acronym standing for Military Affiliate Radio Service.
MARS is NOT a tactical or strategic radio service for US military
radio communications...it never was.

Really. OMG, I thought MARS was a Top SECRET classified confidential and
highly tactical/strategic radio service that was used on different
frequencies than the ham bands so we couldn't hear what the military was
saying. Did the Russians know about this too?

The predecessor to MARS
was born before WW2 in the US Army, a quaint idea to get US
amateurs involved in hopes that some "new technology" in radio
might be tried out or shown to the US Army. As far as radio
design for the Army is concerned, that did not appear to happen.

It only served to put a few service people in touch with their loved ones
during WW2, korea and VN. Then this "new technology" as you put it was all
forgotten due to the other big secret that I think you're holding back on:

Roswell.

And the +/- gravity amplifiers.

After the saucer crashes, the military considered ham radio to be relatively
low tech so MARS was relegated to a low place on the military budget, but I
know you must deny this :-))

I think Mr. Anderson may be too
devoured in the treasured memories of his old Austin Healy with the 23
channel CB (before his XYL made him sell both) to think logiocally about
matters concerning real amateur radio (i.e., not 11m).

The '53 A-H sports car was traded in for a 61 Chevvy Impala
convertible. The CB was transferred to the Impala and used
often for years after that. Oh, and the 11m CB band USED to
be part of the 11m US amateur radio allocation prior to 1958.

Steppinwolfe, was there anything else you wanted to **** up
on "corrections" or are you satisfied with ****ing up your
present posting? On the F-U meter you are only hitting about
an S7 with a great deal of selective fading. Try tuning up
your mind a LOT better next time, OK?

Well, I might suggest you avoid the "f" word when posting. Remember,
whatever you post here is and always will be accessible to everyone who
cares to research you on usenet. Do you have grandchildren? Whatever you
write here will be publically available to hundreds of your future
offspring, some of whom will likely be researching usenet for the profound
writings of their great great great grandfather Len. Authoring posts like
this with the "f" word will show them how little class their ancestor had.
Ever think of that, bud?

However, I think we all can agree it will be 20K times worse for offshoots
of kb9rqz (I feel sorry for them already!).