Old March 2nd 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default No Code For Any Class x5 Days And NO LENNIE ANDERSON!

On Mar 1, 5:17�pm, "Dee Flint" wrote:
"robert casey" wrote in message

ink.net...

wrote:

On Feb 28, 12:56?pm, John Smith I wrote:

K4YZ wrote:

BEEG GRIN

* *...just wait a few days... * *smirk, smirk

How long is it taking the FCC to issue new ham licenses nowadays? *Is it
still on the order of a few weeks? *Maybe he'll be getting a 2x2 or a
2x3...

Since the FCC now permits the VECs to directly enter the data in the
database, it's simply a matter of how quickly the VEC organization can check
the paperwork. *These days it runs about 1/2 week to 1&1/2 weeks. *In
anticipation of getting an unusually high number of submittals, the ARRL at
least put on extra staff to handle this. *I had the test session the evening
of Feb 23. *Reviewed and mailed the paperwork on Feb 25. *Both the new
licenses and the upgrades appeared in the FCC database at the end of the day
on Feb 27th. *This is actually faster than usual.

Vanity license applications take several weeks though.

A vanity license application requires an already-granted
amateur radio license. New licensees will take longer to
process, both at the ARRL (for ARRL VEC) and at the
FCC.

73, LA