Old March 3rd 07, 12:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default Congratulations Art

On 2 Mar, 15:25, "art" wrote:
On 2 Mar, 14:45, (Richard Harrison) wrote:

Art Unwin wrote:

"I refer you to the thread I initiated on gaussian antennas where Roy
was the first to respond."

snip

I left it where I placed emphasis on equilibrium which if you read the
stories of the masters was a corner stone of mathematics.
Earlier when I asked for vectors to be placed on the conservative
field some of the more knoweledgable went a bit furthur than I asked
and placed a dot in the middle of the static particles or a plus sign
both of which denotes the direction of current just like you would see
by looking at the ends of an arrow i.e. a point says the current is
moving towards you if, if, time was involved. Since the new law
containing time is something new we have to be sure that we still have
maintained equilibrium which means that the current in each element
must reverse direction at the same time which also states that each
element is resonant in situ where it may be close to or at an angle to
other elements in the array and ofcourse the array in its entirety
must also be resonant.
It can be thus seen that before current flows such the arbitary border
is breached which is the comencement of radiation that if there were
enough elements within the closed border we could in fact have two
vectors pointing to the front instead of just one with the yagi. In
adition since all elements are resonant tho not necessarily of the
same length reactance in the cluster gyrated towards zero which leads
to efficiency.
So we can analyse or deduce that the border breaches momentarily
when current direction changes and quiqckly close to sustain
equilibrium.
Now the above picture encompases the action that occurs in a space of
time in accordance with the origianal gaussian law. QED ?
Well we have a story only so far. So I placed a array on my computor
where the elements were parallel but at different levels in height
where all elements were resonant to calculate the field.
This was sent to another person, a PE,to check the results against
another program i.e.nec 4 where it faired pretty well against a yagi.
Next with a program that has some self determination by the use of
variables was given the task to provide the best antenna at a certain
frequency to find the best arrangement for a particular desirable
which it did. But it was not a yagi but what I called a Gaussian array
where all elements
are variable in length angle ,position and ofcourse resonant.
With more time passing by it was also found that in some cases one
element could be slightly detuned to provide an imperfection in the
border to predetermine the breach point. Late rit was found
that elemements parallel or at right angles to the earths surface
is not a given, not surprisingly because the vector resultant is
always offset from those angles. There is more to investigate and I
would like Arie to repeat ny tests on his programs because it is free
and thus no reason to mislead.
gentlemen I have typed this quickly and I know I have mispelled or
misarranged words and all that but please learn to live with it
for a while and I will be happy to answer any questions or doubts as
long as thing dont get nasty like being called a complete idiot
Art