Old April 16th 04, 06:12 PM

On 16 Apr 2004 02:59:40 GMT, (Fumper) wrote:

What walkie has the broadest / best trans / recieve capabilities?
Thanx Steve

I chose the Yaesu VX-5R because it was *almost* the broadest... the VX-7R
was, by my standards, but the audio quality suffered. Since then, I found
if you open the shell and remove the waterproofing disk (which allowed
Yaesu to demo 7s in an aquarium tank at the last Hamvention), the audio
quality is much better.

The 7 adds corner bumpers to the case design of the 5, and the 5 has
withstood two years of abuse at my hands, so if

- transmitting on 6m, 2m, 1.25m (300mw only, sorry) and 70cm

- dual receive

- receive 0.5-999mHz
(729-800 and cellular blocked in US, cellular blocked for non-US version)

are of interest, I would consider the VX-7R.
http://www.yaesu.com/indexVS.cfm?cmd...5&isArchived=0

But, how do you define 'broadest' and 'best'? If you have specifics, it
could help us understand better what you want.

--
John Bartley K7AAY http://celdata.cjb.net
This post quad-ROT-13 encrypted; reading it violates the DMCA.