Old March 3rd 07, 08:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith I John Smith I is offline

Default ARRL Now Only Wants No Code Hams - Holding Midnight Exams

Dee Flint wrote:
"John Smith" wrote in message
David G. Nagel wrote:

You can become a VEC if you so desire. All you have to do is find enough
hams to support your efforts and create an organization to conduct
examination sessions.
There is nothing magic about the VEC. It just takes a lot of unpaid work
on the part of a lot of people. Yes some get paid to process the
paperwork and file the actual application for your license. No one is
getting rich on this program.

Dave WD9BDZ

Dave:

Actually, I know all this ... I don't like the system.

Gives too much power to the forces I am opposed to ... but then, you
already knew that ...

Regards,
JS

So you want to give this much power to the government?? Not me. This was an
extremely progressive idea and actually gives a great deal of control to the
people. It maximizes the personal freedom and choices of the participants.
Would you really like to go back to the repressive "old" day??

Dee, N8UZE

Take a civic/"American Government" class. All power comes from the
people and "flows" to our representatives, our representatives hire
other servants to assist them in carrying out the peoples will, and only
by our pleasure and for our well being, safety and needs.

All in government are a bunch of servants who work for us, kinda like
maids, butlers, handy men, maintenance people, logistic workers,
security, bean counters, etc.

If a few Americans are confused and attempt to worship them as
royalty--well, I just don't know how to save the ignorant from
themselves ... perhaps a better education will enlighten them?

Remember, our forefathers insisted we bear arms just to bring these guys
back into line--least they forget ...

Too many diverse cultures and peoples flowing into this country and
having lived under despots, disgusting dictators, communism, common
criminals, etc. has diluted our sense of who we are and what heritage we
have. This does need to be addressed ...

JS