Old April 19th 04, 08:46 PM
Scott Dorsey

Richard Clark wrote:

Yes it would. It is against the law to sell Transmitters that are not
type-accepted for the band they are intended.

On the other hand, the Amateur radio service is the ONLY exception to
the rule. We CAN design, build, and operate non type-accepted gear.

No, the experimental service is also available for people who want to
run non-type-accepted equipment.

I _think_ there might still be a provision under Part 73 to allow broadcast
stations to operate non-type accepted transmitters under certain circumstances
if they can provide measurements that the equipment meets the standards of
the type requirement, and they affix a label to the equipment. I seem to
recall that it only applies to equipment built by the station itself. This
may have been removed from the rule book since I took my First Phone test.

On the third hand, the 11 Meter band is not Amateur radio service.
Even tho' we can work there, we must abide by all rules and
regulations for that service (all restrictions apply in spite of our
"privileges").

11M is a funny thing. It's not really one thing and it's not really another.
--scott