Old April 18th 04, 12:58 AM
Bob Miller

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 07:17:08 GMT, Ken wrote:

I want to see if my new switching supply creates "hash" on any band.

Is it enough to hook up to a dummy load and listen to the difference
between battery power and the power supply in the middle of every band
of interest? Should I disable any controls or automatic adjustments?

What does hash sound like? I have been fortunate not to have
experienced it (to my knowledge).

Ken KC2JDY

Ken
(to reply via email
remove "zz" from address)

You might check the qst review of switching power supplies that
appeared 4 or 5 years ago. They tested for "hash." They found "hash"
was far less a problem when a transceiver was in the receive mode,
pulling few amps, versus the transmit mode, when hash was much more
serious, but a moot point, since the receive apparatus is muted.

Bob
k5qwg