Old March 4th 07, 05:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default No Code For Any Class x7 Days

On Mar 4, 8:42�am, John Smith I wrote:
Leo wrote:

* ...

Sorry, can't add to the knowledge base on this one - I'll ask around,
though!

* 73, LA

73, Leo

http://www.outbackerantennas.com/

Thanks for pasting the link, JS, you beat me by an hour...:-)

Outbacker NA is based in Kentucky and seems to carry all
the Aussie verticals of that brand. I'm considering that sort
of multi-band antenna for a home station...not that it matters
a great deal here since the paths north to east require NVIS
type sky-burning. Mobile will probably be 6m-2m-70cm in a
triband whip (probably Diamond) with a Diamond motorized
hatchback-lip mount that allows lowering it inside the
garage. "Stealth antenna" sort of thing...:-)

Haven't heard a lot about them "furrin ay-tennas" (like
Australia is a "foreign land?") fur dem pickups in da woods
of Kain-tuckie. Over on www.antennex they've been
described in much detail by Aussie amateurs who thought
much of them in Aussie-land outback territory.

A curiosity is how to get an effective ground plane for a
home installation that does NOT involve sticking a lot of
radials into the ground. Sprinkler pipe is all PVC so that
will not do. There's no NEC version modeling program
that can simulate the row of tall cypresses where the
intended location of a vertical would be (in between two
of the spaced cypresses). [just planning ahead...]

No sweat on a VHF-UHF home antenna...enough vent
pipes (metal) to mount them on. For "stealth" I can do
the Ventenna thing and cover the vertical VHF-UHF with
PVC pipe of large diameter.

73, LA